What is the test about?
AIBE 2018 will be conducted by the Bar Council of India to test an advocate’s ability, qualification and merit to practise the profession of Law in India. This is now confirmed as a compulsory exam for all Law students.
Who is eligible?
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have secured an LLB Degree (either 3 years or 5 Years).
- Candidate must be a registered advocate professional with any State's Bar Council.
- A candidate can take the AIBE examination any number of times.
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
- Constitutional Law
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Family Law
- Cyber Law
- Environmental Law
- Labor & Industrial Laws
- Intellectual Property Laws
- Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
- Public Interest Litigation
- Evidence Act
- Land Acquisition Act
- Administrative Law
- Company Law
- Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules
- Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law
- Law related to Taxation
- Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act
Key dates for application and registration
Application Forms will be available from 16-1-2018 to 5-3-2018.
Who conducts the test?
Bar Council of India.
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
AIBE is conducted to assess the merits of advocates to practise Law in India.
Bar Council of India
21 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area ITO,
Near Bal Bhawan
New Delhi - 110002.
General queries: 011-49225022/23 011-41533681
Email - [email protected]