Venue: Pan India
Exam Date: June 2018
What is the test about?
AMIE 2018 will be conducted by the Institution of Engineers. It will test the merit and caliber of aspirants on the basis of their knowledge of science and communication. It is only after cracking the test, that candidates would gain a professional certification deeming them at par with B.E./B.Tech. Degree holders.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates must have completed class 12th in any of the disciplines. The minimum percentage required in higher secondary must be 45% marks together.
- Candidates must have passed the diploma examination or its equivalent from a recognized institute. This indicates that if a candidate has completed diploma in engineering s/he can appear for the AMIE.
- Candidates with work experience of engineer as a corporate person can apply for the AIME if applying for Senior Technician Member.
- Candidates who have completed 18 years of age are eligible to appear for the AIME 2018.
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
Syllabus for Diploma Stream:
- Material Science
- Electrical Science
- Engineering Mathematics
- Mathematics 1
- Mathematics 2
- Elements of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Society, Environment and Engineering
- Fundamental of Electronics and Instrumentation
- Mechanical Science
- Computer System and Data Analysis
- Material Science and Processes
- Engineering Drawing and Graphics
- Engineering Environment and Society
- Natural Science
AMIE is divided into two different streams:
AMIE Section A Exam:
This is a common examination for those who want to become engineers by appearing for the AMIE (I). The candidates need to be well-versed in Engineering Sciences, Basic Sciences, and Communication.
AMIE Section B Exam:
After the completion of Section A, candidates need to complete the project work in a year. Based on the competence, professionals will create a report and will decide if a candidate is suitable for Section B exam which will have 10 papers -- 7 compulsory, and 3 optional.
Key dates for application and registration
Registration: From March 2018 to April 2018.
Who conducts the test?
The Institution of Engineers.
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
AMIE certification is recognized by all central government, all state government etc. as equivalent to a B.E./B.Tech. certification.
IVRS No: 033-40155400
Address: 8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020.