Venue: Andhra Pradesh
Exam Date: April / May 2018.
What is the test about?
AP PGLCET 2018 will be held to test the merit of candidates who wish to take admission in law courses in the universities in Andhra Pradesh in the post graduate level.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates should be holding LL.B./B.L. degrees on the date of application.
- Candidates appearing for LLB/BL degree examinations may take the AP PGLCET in anticipation of results.
- Minimum marks: 50% marks in aggregate for OC/BC and 45% marks in aggregate for SC/ST.
- There is no age limit for taking this examination.
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
- A single entrance test for all the courses of LL.M.
- 90 minutes duration.
- 120 questions of 1 mark each.
- Objective type with MCQs, Matching Items.
- The Medium of the Language is Only English.
- One mark for each correct response.
- No negative marking.
- Rights and duties
- Ownership and possession
- Sources of law
- Legal sanctions
- Schools of Jurisprudence
- Custom Precedent and Legislation
- Fundamental Rights
- Nature of the Constitution
- Amendments to the Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Inter-State Relations Emergency Provisions
- Executive Judiciary and Legislature
Public International Law:
- International law and Municipal Law
- State Territory
- State Jurisdiction
- Air, Sea and Outer Space
- United Nations
- Nationality and Statelessness
- General Principles of Tort
- Consumer Protection Act 1986.
- State Liability for Torts
- Defenses, Joint Liability
IPR & Other Laws:
- Salient features of Information Technology, Act, 2000 and
- Right to Information Act 2005
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights ACT, 1993
- Patents Act, 1970
- Copyright Act, 1957
- Environmental Protection ACT, 1986
- General principles of Contract (Sections 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
- Trade Union Act 1926, Industrial Disputes ACT 1947.
- India Penal code -General Principle and General Exceptions.
Key dates for application and registration
2nd Week of February 2018 to 3rd Wek of February 2018.
Who conducts the test?
Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuram
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
Colleges affiliated to Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuram.
Anantapuramu – 515003
Contact Details: Off- 08554-255893.
E-Mail: [email protected]