Exam Date: 1st Stage: 3rd Week of April 2018. 2nd Stage: 3rd Week of May 2018.
What is the test about?
The BCECE is a major competitive exam attempted by thousands of students for admission to the professional degree courses in the government and private medical colleges of the state of Bihar. Marks obtained in this exam determine the admission of a candidate in a particular college or in a particular course.
Who is eligible?
- The Candidate must be an Indian.
- The Candidate should have a domicile of Bihar.
- Parents of the candidate have to be permanent residents of Bihar.
- For Agriculture Courses, the candidate must be 17 years of age on 31st December 2018.
- There is no age limit is for Engineering & Pharmacy courses.
- Candidates must have passed the Intermediate or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- The Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with Physics and Mathematics as subjects. Optional subjects required are Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- The Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% marks for General, and 40% marks for Reserved Categories.
- The minimum qualification is 10+2 or its equivalent.
- Physics and Chemistry are the mandatory subjects required in the previous academic exam. One optional subject from Mathematics, Biology, or Technical Vocational Subject is also mandatory.
- 45% marks (General candidates) in the qualifying exam and 40% marks (SC/ST candidates) are the minimum requirement.
- Final year candidates can also apply, on condition that they should have passed the qualifying exam by the time of the counselling.
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
BCECE 2018 Exam Pattern
- Two phases.
- Objective Type Questions.
- Exam paper will be published in English and Hindi.
- Stage 1 Duration: 2 Hours 15 Minutes.
- Stage 2 Duration: 1 Hour 30 minutes.
- 4 marks for each right option.
- 1 mark deducted for each wrong option.
The Syllabus of the BCECE 2018 will depend upon subjects related to the Course selected by the candidate while filling the Application Form.
The complete syllabus is to be decided by the exam conducting authority.
Candidates can study the entire Syllabus of the 12th board, including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
Key dates for application and registration
1st Week of February 2018 to Last Week of February 2018.
Who conducts the test?
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
Various colleges in Bihar offering courses in Engineering, Medical, Agriculture and Technology.
I.A.S. Association Building,
NEAR PATNA AIRPORT,
PATNA - 800014,
Contact no: 0612-2220230, 0612-2225387.