Venue: Pan India
Exam Date: June 2016
What is the test about?
Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam is a licensure test which is conducted each year by NBE – National Board of Examinations. This examination must be cleared by all the Indian candidates who have a medical degree from a foreign college and wish to get provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India or any State Medical council.
Who is eligible?
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen or should have overseas citizenship of India.
- Candidate must possess primary medical qualification that should be confirmed by the Indian Embassy to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country.
- Candidate should have obtained eligibility certificate from the MCI – Medical Council of India.
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
Pre & Para Clinical Subjects
- General Anatomy
- Forensic Medicine
- General Surgery
- Radio Diagnosis
- Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases
- Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Community Medicine
Duration: 2.5 hours for each section
Format: The examination will be conducted in Computer Based Test format. There will be total 300 Multiple Choice Questions without any negative marking.
- FMGE medical exam is a computer based where 2 papers will be conducted for 150 marks each.
- Every right answer carries 1 marks and no negative marking.
- Both the papers will be for 150 minutes each and will have a scheduled break in between.
Key dates for application and registration
Online Registration: May to June 2016
Who conducts the test?
National Board of Examinations
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
Colleges recognized by the Medical Council of India
(Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029