What is the test about?
The NEET MDS, conducted by the National Board of Examinations, is the only eligibility cum ranking examination that is prescribed and valid for admission to MDS Courses.
As per the Dentists Act, 1948, no other entrance examination, be it at state level or institution level, can be valid for entry to MDS Courses, and candidates MUST take the NEET to do so.
Who is eligible?
Candidates who have secured a BDS degree/Provisional BDS Pass Certificate from a Dental College/Institute that is duly recognized in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Dental Council Act, having either a permanent or a provisional registration certificate of BDS or its equivalent qualification issued by the Dental Council of India / State Dental Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the same on or before the 31st of March 2018 can be eligible to apply for NEET-MDS.
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
The NEET MDS will be a Computer Based Test of 3 hours’ duration, with 240 MCQs and a total of 240 Marks. The test will be conducted in the English language only.
The Syllabus shall be of BDS standard and cover all subjects taught during the BDS Course.
The Subjects included shall be as follow:
- General Anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and Biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry
Key dates for application and registration
Online Registration: 31st October 2017 to 27th November 2017.
Who conducts the test?
National Board of Examinations.
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
Dental colleges under the NBE.